Wednesday 8 May 2013

MMM'13: Days 5, 6 & 7

Here's a little three-day update of my version of the MMM'13 challenge: 


Day 5:
Me-mades:

Also worn at various points: second-hand cardi and Captain jacket

So I've been trying to mix up the locations of my documentation photos a bit this year. I'm doing that for two reasons, 1) I find seeing snippets of other people's lives, homes and work places really interesting so following that logic I can only assume others might like to see some snippets of my life and its locations, and 2) I really like having these picture sets of a month in my life as a reminder of what I was up to and what my life was like that year, so a mixture of locations will be nicer for me in the future when I look back on 2013. For example, the photo above is taken at one of my places of work, Sew Over It in Clapham, South London. I was teaching a tulip skirt making class that day, can you see the students beavering away behind me to the right? 


Day 6:
Me-mades:
Also worn: second hand cardi

This is basically the only pre-pregnancy dress I can still fit in, thanks to it being an accommodating A-line shift style and being made from slightly stretchy synthetic double knit. The me-made/self-stitched challenges always make me wear dresses more often than I'd be likely to if left to my usual devices, but I really enjoy it when I do wear them. I taught a Pattern Cutting class on Day 6 in this outfit, and it made me feel much more put together and professional than I probably would in my usual jeggings/jersey top combo.  



Day 7:
Me-mades:
Also worn: second hand cardi and Captain jacket when I went out

Yes I can wear an outfit that doesn't have mustard-yellow in it, as long as there's red in there somewhere instead! It's starting to get silly how often I'm wearing these treggings now I've made them, isn't it?! I promise I have washed them at least. They are just soooo comfy. In fact, I'm thinking of making my challenge pledge a bit tighter and excluding the wear of second-hand (not me-made) jeggings after all. I'll see how big my bump grows towards the end of the challenge, I'd be not pledge-too-soon!  

12 comments:

Far said...

You are glowing! Indeed it is super nice to see snippets of other sewists' lives during your MMM challenges :)

Anonymous said...

eeek look at your little bump ;) Cute
Love the first top

Miriam said...

great outfits. I'm with you on the dresses thing. I pretty much have no self-made trousers and hardly any tops. I need to get inspired and change that

Cucicucicoo said...

i agree that it's cool to see snippets of other people's lives in the photos. i'd try that except that unfortunately most of my days go exactly the same in the same places! you look wonderful! :) lisa

Marie said...

I am loving all your outfits to far Zo and the 'location shoots' are perfect!

Sew little time said...

you are looking fab! good idea not to limit yourself too much as one day your bump will just pop out overnight! i also love your navy sandals - can i ask wehre they are from?

Sarah said...

I love all your outfits, especially your jacket and dress combo! I also wanted to say that as a mom I completely understand wanting to wear those treggings often. It is so hard to find comfortable pants when pregnant, so feel lucky that you have found them :o)

Anonymous said...

I love the Day 6 outfit - it has me wishing for hot, summer days. It's very nautical!

Zoe said...

I love the idea of 'MMM' I'll have to join in another time when I have enough things I've made to wear something everyday!

The top in your first photo is so cute :)

Martha said...

You look wonderful in each ensemble. I too find myself drawn to mustard OR red. Haven't tried them together, but maybe...

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love these outfits-- they're just so cute!

seeds seams and upcycling said...

You look great, hope you are enjoying your pregnancy. You are looking a lot more stylish than I did when I was pregnant. Love to see some snippets of your life locations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...